<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Failures hard but success is far more dangerous. If you are successful at the wrong thing, the mix of money and praise can lock you in forever. -Annonymous

Sunday, October 10, 2004

WOW
Its been a while since I posted here, but now I have a home PC, so there will be regular posts.. yay... anyways, heres an update..
I moved to Calgary Alberta at the end of July with my boyfriend Jimmy. We drove out here.. And let me tell ya, that is by far the absolute longest drive EVER.. especially when you have no air conditioning. Ontario is the province that never ends. Onatrio has some of the hickist towns ever. It was rather nice to get to see Canada though.
Calgary is a nice city! Its HUGE... very very big compared to glace bay.. And there are some characters here. The funniest is the homeless people (not to offend but to inform). They will do anything for some spare change. I was waiting for the train one morning and there were these 2 homeless guys each holding a guitar with 3 strings on it and playin a song.. sounded nice till I realized something.. They only knew one verse.. "He was a lucky man" is all they sang. And then I noticed that they wait for the people to change thinking no one would notice their no talent symphony.. Well I DID! I laughed for hours.. People at work thought I was nuts.. haha..

When Jimmy and I got here, we pretty much had jobs right away, which is normal in this city.. theres lots and lots of work. So to make a long and boring story short, we got our own place and are doing very well. We really enjoy this city.

Today I am going to my fathers for turkey dinner.. MMMM... I can't wait.. Its been a while since I celebrated any holidays at all with my father. It will be very nice to be with my dad and brother.. My dad is a really good cook which kind of surprises me because I don't remember him cooking at all throughout my childhood.. oh well.. Hes acctually teaching me new things!

Time to go get ready for my day.. Take care all!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?